7 Things About Hepatitis B, What We Need To Know
Hepatitis B is an infectious disease caused by infection with hepatitis B virus (HBV) and bad for liver health. Hepatitis can be spread from one person to another through blood, body fluids, and wound.
Also read : Interesting Facts Regarding Heart Health
Unfortunately, the disease is often unrecognized sufferers, because it did not cause symptoms. Thus, the transmission was unknown. Hence also, hepatitis B is called the silent killer. If not quickly treated, the disease can lead to death.
Coinciding with World Hepatitis Day which falls today (28 July), public awareness about the disease was expected to continue to rise. Here are interesting facts about hepatitis B you need to know as quoted from boldsky.com.
- Every one minute one person in the whole world dies, as infected with Hepatitis B. Infected HBV can lead to cirrhosis, liver cancer, to liver failure.
Also read : Want to prevent mouth cancer? Eating broccoli!
- Many people do not know has been infected with HBV. As a result, transmission of this disease continue to occur. HBV can infect others through contact of open wounds to unprotected sex.
- HBV is 10 times more contagious than HIV. In fact, HBV can be spread 100 times faster than HIV.
- If treatment is not given on time, HBV can kill the victim because of liver damage. It is one of the dangerous facts about hepatitis B.
- Pregnant women infected with HBV can transmit the virus to her baby. To that end, it is important for pregnant women to test hepatitis B.
Also read : 5 Benefits of eating guava while pregnant
- Hepatitis B (HBV) can be prevented with vaccines. Vaccine must be done to prevent the transmission of HBV more.
- Symptoms of hepatitis include fever, jaundice, fatigue, abdominal pain, and nausea. The problem is, these symptoms often do not realize the sufferer.